Uncle Ernie's Car Wash
Uncle Ernie and his wife immigrated from Italy in 1958. He started out working construction in setting Metro Detroit’s underlying infrastructure. He went into the car wash business in 1963 with a coin operated car wash located in Clawson, MI. In the 1970s, the business grew with an additional coin operated car wash in Warren, MI, known as Ryan Road Car Wash. In 1989, an automatic car wash was added. A pillar company of Warren’s community, it has been a staple for car washing in the city of Warren. After renovations in 2018, his family decided to change the name to Uncle Ernie’s Car Wash in memory of their late father.